When footnotes are a formatting nightmare, Note Stripper saves the day. End notes too. Also, Adrienne sings “soft edit” to help reduce her panic tackling a paralysing job.
[pullquote align=”center” textalign=”left” width=”60%”]
Soft edit, warm edit, little ball of whir.
Place a colon, move a comma;
purr, purr, purr.
Follow this link to instructions for subscribing to this podcast.
Do you know editing panic? Have you used Note Stripper? Leave your comments below, or join the discussion over on the Dameditors Facebook page.
Mentioned in this episode:
- “Stages of Editing” episode
- Editorium’s Note Stripper
- macro: ActiveDocument,ConvertNumbersToText
- Paul Beverley’s Macros for Writers, Editors, and Proofreaders
- Amy Schneider, instructor for Copyediting.com
- Glenn Court
Also, the related blog post on Copyediting.com: Wrangle Footnotes into Place with Note Stripper
The image for this episode is adapted from a photo by riclantz, used under CC BY 2.0 license.