Stop it. Stop it now.
Find out how, today, in my How To column at Copyediting.com.
How do you screen clients to make sure you’re in the same ballpark? Leave your comments below, on Facebook, or on the Copyediting.com blog. We want to learn from you!
Listen to the podcast on this topic for an extended discussion, more case studies and resources.
About this guy I asked for advice: I could fill an entire blog post describing why Greg Ioannou is a person whose advice counts for a lot. Besides having always been generous with advice, he owns of Colbourne Communications (an editing business with several employees as well as a small press), is a founding member of EAC, and teaches editing at a university.
Mentioned in this post:
- instant estimator
- standard productivity rate / pace of editing explained
- three-tier pricing, or the art of the upsell
In this series:
- The Art of the Upsell: using three-tier pricing to get happier clients and more income
- Stop Wasting Time On Estimates: How to give a ballpark estimate on the fly
- Track Your Pace to Estimate with Confidence
Photo by Alexandre Normand used under CC BY-2.0 license.