Outside of issues of biology, there is just about always a good argument for using terms that include everyone. Today, in my Canadian, Eh? column atCopyediting.com, I survey Canadian style guides for advice on gender inclusive language.
- The Ontario Public Service Correspondence Style Guide (PDF download)
- Public Service Commission of Canada (PSC)
- Editing Canadian English (ECE3)
- The Canadian Press Stylebook (CP)
- The Canadian Style guidelines for Elimination of Sexual Stereotyping and the use of pronouns